There’s a lot of talk right now about "how to transition into the New Normal". If we’re talking about the 'New Normal’ in the sense that we have experienced something that we haven’t experienced before - you might want to think again. In most ways, the New Normal is really the same as the Old normal.
Here's why: we are always and forever exposed to change and challenge. In fact, the only constant is change. Particularly as Business Leaders and Entrepreneurs, there’s barely a day that goes by without facing challenges and needing to adapt to people and environments that are changing around us.
What sets a leader apart, however, is the way in which they deal with those challenges. Whatever you were doing before the pandemic, will have contributed to how you experience life and business during and after.
If you didn't have habits that support emotional resilience before, you may be finding now quite challenging, similarly to before.
My Top 5 Tips For Practicing and Increasing Emotional Resilience:
- Meditation - It’s no secret that meditation is a widely used tool by many top level entrepreneurs, business leaders and celebrities. No longer is this a woo woo practice only for eastern cultures and hippies. This is one of our most powerful tools in life and in business. The benefits are almost endless, and when it comes to increasing your emotional resilience, meditation might just be your number one ally.
- Heart Breathing - If you haven’t heard of Heart Breathing before, you might be wondering how on earth you ‘breathe’ through your heart?! Well, you’re still physically breathing through your nose, into your lungs - but imagining the air is coming in though your heart space and out through your heart space. The key is to focus on something you love or appreciate while you do so. Spend a few minutes a day doing this and you’ll notice a tonne of benefits, including:
- Increased energy
- Emotional resilience
- Improved intuition
- More coherence between mind and body (clarity)
- Improved immunity
- Read the book 'Mind to Matter' (by Dawson Church) and learn the astonishing science of how your brain creates material reality… which leads to my next tip….
- Scripting - Where attention goes, energy flows. Where is your attention directed? What are you focused on? Because if its fear, lack and drama - guess what you’re going to get more of? If it’s abundance, opportunity and expansion - guess what you’re going to get more of? It’s a no brainer, although it takes practice like all skills. Spend 10 minutes each morning focusing on, writing out (scripting) and visualising your goals. Get clear on what you want more of and give your attention and energy to that.
- Exercise & Eat Well - When we are unfit and unhealthy, everything is harder. We feel lethargic, lack motivation and struggle to deal with challenges. Your health is your wealth. When we look after our bodies from the inside out, we have more energy, are able to deal with stressful situations more easily, and run at our optimum potential.
Have these tips been useful for you? Please share with your friends and associates who could also benefit from these life and business enhancing tools and recommendations :)